Ready, Set, GO!…learn a ton AND have fun!!
Do you want a change of pace, a chance to get out of the massage room? Sports Massage Live! is the real deal.
This is the “how to’s” of attending any sports massage event: A to Z, Soup to Nuts, Pre-event massage to having a dynamic professional presence at an event!
Saturday we will be together in the classroom learning everything you need to know at the event.
On Saturday (Day 1) we will:
- Cover Pre-event, Post-event massage technique and practice, Injury recognition, identification, and recommendations to send home with your athlete.
- Practice and discuss Stretching and strengthening suggestions you can incorporate at the table.
- Discuss when it is appropriate to use heat or ice, as well as practice using those modalities on each other.
- Discuss factual information, clear safety awareness, proper protocol for the athlete who is experiencing hypo or hyperthermia will be covered.
Additionally, you will learn how to:
- Organize systems that can be applied at any event
- Create a sign up sheet (with examples)
- Speak to an event director
- Set up for an event (Marketing Fees -vs- complimentary services will be covered thoroughly)
On Sunday you will have the amazing opportunity to practice what you learned Saturday at the 16th Annual LifeSouth Half Marathon, a fabulous and well attended Gainesville Event!
This will be supervised and instructional so you can ask questions as they arise. The best way to learn! The beauty of sports massage is how it utilizes all massage modalities by tailoring it to a specific sport and athlete.
What are the benefits? Many! Athletes say for them, receiving a massage at an event, a high energy atmosphere, is where the therapist is helping them recover from their activity and helping them achieve their goals!
Please bring sheets, pillow, face cradle cover, lubricant, writing materials, wear comfy clothes (bathing suit or shorts and sports bra). For Sunday please wear professional working attire. This is a 12 hour high energy workshop! Come join us!
12 hands-on FL CEU
Time and Location:
9:30 am – 5:30 pm Saturday
Florida School of Massage
6421 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608
7:30 am – 11:30 am Sunday
Bo Diddley Plaza
111 E University Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601
Cost is $175 for early registration (up to one week before workshop). After is $195
Note: A minimum of 14 students must register for the workshop to proceed. We are capping enrollment at 20 students.